Answers to Your Questions
Here are the answers to my most Frequently Asked Questions. Should you have an additional one, please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will be happy to answer you.
What sort of clients do you have?
- Men and Women from all walks of life. They are skilled employees, locals or internationals living permanently “abroad” or short stay expatriates. They work in diverse sectors such as finance, marketing, logistics, consultancy, teaching, law, engineering, IT, communications, retail & food industry, academia, NGOs, and the creative sector (architects, writer, design, fashion, journalism).
- From all over the world
I have worked with clients from: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Congo, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Danemark, El Salvador, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America.
- Some of my clients have worked for global corporations and institutions such as: Air France KLM, BHP Billiton, British School of Tervuren, (Council of International School), Danone, DSM, EPO (European Patent Office), ESA (European Space Agency), Europol, Eurojust, Experian, FedEx, IFC (International Finance Corporation), Fluor, IKEA, the International Criminal Court, Heineken, KNCV, Lindé, Maersk, NATO, Philips, PWC, Shell, Siemens, Tiqets, TomTom, the Tuberculosis Foundation, Technical University of Delft, Unilever, University of Utrecht.
What are the steps to get started?
- You decide something needs to change.
- Sign up for my Free Resources at the bottom of the Home or Contact page. Fill in the Career Satisfaction Assessment.
- Afterwards, I suggest you send me an email email@example.com with:
- A brief overview of where you stand right now.
- What specifically you would like to accomplish by working together.
- Which packages you are interested in. If you do not know yet, let’s discuss what could best fit your needs.
- Any questions you may have.
- We will plan a free intake call to discuss the above.
What can I expect from you as a coach?
- Listen respectfully and pay attention without being judgemental.
- Ask insightful questions that will help you gain clarity, these may sometimes be very straightforward.
- Be honest about what I am hearing.
- Challenge you to change your habits and broaden your perspective.
- Support you to face and overcome obstacles and self-limitations.
- Guide you towards more fulfilment and joy.
- Motivate you to make positive sustained changes in your life and try new things.
- Empower you to access your full potential.
- Help you grow your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Encourage you unconditionally and celebrate your achievements.
- Keep our appointments, commitments and make it fun to work together.
What do you expect from me as a client?
- Willingness to reflect and take action.
- Do your assignments or let me know what is holding you back.
- Courage, willingness to move out of your comfort zone.
- Take responsibility, own your life, no victim mentality.
- Open and growth mindset.
- Readiness to experiment and try new things.
- Do your best.
- Commitment to keep appointments and agreements.
How much experience do you have?
I started coaching in 2005 and I’m passionate about helping people to move forward. In “What sort of clients do you have?” you can read about the numerous clients I have had over the past two decades. They have worked on many different issues and are from many different nationalities, living in different countries, holding different positions in different industries. Have a look at my “Client Love” page to get some direct feedback on the efficacy of my coaching.
Personally, I know how it feels to get stuck, I have been there. I have travelled the expat road and have held several positions such as researcher, sales, account manager, event organiser and coach. I learned a lot in each position, and that has made me who I am today.
Nowadays, we are evolving in an ever changing environment filled with unpredictable, complex and tense moments. Handling change has become paramount.
What drives you?
I believe we all have the potential to change. What drives me is helping you to unlock, define, and use it. We all have untapped potential, and if we really focus on uncovering it, we will discover what really matters to us, and can make it part of our lives, bringing joy to ourselves and to others. I believe that everyone is entitled to be happy in life. No one, however, will hand it to us, it is our responsibility to go out into the world and find it for ourselves, to believe in it and to nurture it.
What method do you use?
Together we will travel a roadmap with crucial milestones that are targeted and flexible.
My multilevel structured approach, combined with thoughtful conversations and insightful exercises, will help you gain clarity about who you are, what you really want and how to get there. And, as a result how to position yourself in order to land your next ideal job.
What coaching is not?
Coaching is not therapy
Therapy tends to focus on the past and how it impacts the present. Therapy is an appropriate medium if you are going through a major life crisis or are extremely distressed. A coach will not provide you with key solutions, advice or delve into your past but will help you to clearly analyse the present and prepare your for the future. Coaching focuses both on the present and the future and is action-oriented, taking you from feeling “ok” to feeling “great”! A degree in psychology, therefore, is not a prerequisite to being a coach.
Coaching is not mentoring or training
Mentors and trainers are experts in a particular field who pass on their knowledge and expertise. In coaching, you are considered the expert and the coach is the expert involved in questioning, active listening, giving feedback, challenging comfort zones, changing habits, reviewing beliefs … in order to help you unlock your inner resources and keep you moving forward.
Which certifications, credentials and trainings do you have?
Passion is wonderful, but as an eager and curious learner I also like to further my development so that I can better help my clients.
- Intercultural Readiness Check, https://interculturalreadiness.com/ – IRC accredited
- Process Communication Model, www.kcf.fr – certified PCM coach
- Non-Violent Communications, www.ai-opener.nl
- Decision Dynamics Career Model, www.decisiondynamics.se – Decision Dynamics accredited
- Enneagram, www.enneateach.com
- Neuro Linguistic Programming, www.ressources.be
- Coaching certification https://institut-des-neurosciences.com/ – certified personnel & professional coach(previously named CoachUp Institut)
- Master’s in Art History and Archaeology
– Intercultural Readiness Check
– Process Communication Model
– Decision Dynamics Career Model